Welcome to Connexus Credit Union
Connexus Credit Union is a full service credit union helping members nationwide save money through low rate auto and mortgage loans and high-yield checking and savings products.
Our Mission Statement
To help our members achieve their personal financial objectives by anticipating their needs and exceeding their expectations with superior service and products.
When you come to Connexus, we’ll work with you to provide the solution that best meets your individual needs. We’ve never believed in a one-size-fits-all approach to banking. With convenient access, a commitment to savings and customized solutions – it pays to become a member of Connexus!
Convenient Access to Your Money
Enjoy 24/7 access to your money through online or mobile banking, mobile deposit features and our automated phone system.
A Commitment to Saving You Time, Energy and Money
Connexus members save with ATM reimbursements, low rate auto and mortgage loans and high-yield deposit accounts. Our free, no-hassle rate comparison shows just how much you can save with Connexus.
Customized Solutions from Financial Specialists
At Connexus, employees are dedicated to the financial success of our members. Exceptional service and personalized solutions, coupled with our competitive products, term lengths, innovative financial services and enhance members’ style of living.
Connexus is proud to serve members nationwide.
Visit our memberships page for a full list of membership eligibility.
- 1935: Credit union was founded to serve employees, retirees and families of Employer’s Mutual
- 1980: Employer’s Mutual was renamed to Wausau Insurance
- 1980: Credit union’s name was changed to Wausau Insurance Employees Credit Union
- 1994: Corporate office at 2600 Pine Ridge Boulevard, Wausau, WI opened for business
- 1998: Wausau Insurance is acquired by Liberty Mutual Insurance; membership extended to all Liberty Mutual employees and retirees nationwide
- 2003: Membership extended to staff, students and alumni of Northcentral Technical College
- 2003: Name changed to Connexus Credit Union to better reflect growing field of membership
- 2008: Members of Ohio-based Ohio Casualty Employees Credit Union vote to merge with Connexus
- 2010: Members of Wausau, WI-based Wausau City Employees Credit Union vote to merge with Connexus
- 2010: Connexus turns 75 years old
- 2012: Members of Maple Hill Credit Union and Tower Credit Union (both of Wausau, WI) vote to merge with Connexus
- 2013: Connexus purchased Mukwonago, WI-based, Financial Institution Lending Options (FILO). FILO provides financial institutions auto loans through pool sales, participation pools or whole loan flow sales.
- 2013: Members of Cincinnati-based, Cintel Federal Credit Union vote to merge with Connexus Credit Union
- 2014: Members of Minnesota-based, Endura Financial Federal Credit Union vote to merge with Connexus Credit Union
- 2015: Members of Illinois-based Air Line Pilots Association Federal Credit Union vote to merge with Connexus
Connexus Credit Union’s Board of Directors
- Ron Dins - Chair
- Mark Steinberg - Vice Chair
- Kim Smith - Secretary
- Todd McDonald - Treasurer
- Lyle Beck
- Steve Derebey
- Gary Klingbeil
- Thomas Seuntjens
- Steve Zeinemann
Connexus Credit Union’s Executive Leadership
- J. David Christenson, President/Chief Executive Officer
- Mary Burgoyne, Chief of Staff
- Daryl Gessler, Chief Risk Officer
- Boyd Gustke, Executive Vice President
- Marita Hattem, Chief Experience Officer
- Eric Huseby, Chief Lending Officer
- Lynda Keil, Chief Human Resource Officer
- Jane Kittel, Chief Financial Officer
- Chad Rogers, Chief Marketing Officer
For even more information, read our Connexus Fact Sheet and our 2015 Annual Report.
Ready to become part of the Connexus family? Start now...Join Connexus Credit Union!